It’s that time of year again! Come fill out your May Special Election ballot with BerniePDX! We’ll discuss and vote for progressive candidates and initiatives, and eat snacks (bring some food or drink if you’re able)!
This is seriously one of our favorite events of the year. Never heard of that initiative on the ballot? Wondering who other Berniecrats are voting for? Come find out!
RSVP, Share, & Invite friends on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1817710841824226/
We can even drop off your ballot for you the next day!
Visit OregonVotes.gov to register to vote, last day to register is April 25!
BerniePDX Endorsements for May 16, 2017 Election:
Portland Public Schools: Rita Moore & Scott Bailey
PCC Board: Valdez Bravo (Zone 5 – SW PDX & Beaverton)
David Douglas School Board: Stephanie Stephens & Ana Del Rocio
YES on the School Bond!
Location: 5040 SE Milwaukie Ave. Portland
– Join us to write thank you notes to Senator Merkley for his 15 and a half hour speech against Trump’s Supreme Court pick! What a great way to represent Oregon values!
– Come meet Ana Del Rocio Valderrama, running for the David Douglas School Board (DDS) in East Portland! The DDS races are extremely important this year. DDS has a high proportion of students of color, and the school board does not reflect the East Portland community. But we can help change that!
ABOUT ANA: Ana is currently the Policy Director of Multnomah County Commissioner Jessica Vega Pederson, and is a DDS parent. Ana has experience in education, community organizing, advocacy, and economic development. Her background as the daughter of working-class immigrants inspires her to promote social, environmental, and racial justice at the policy level. Ana is committed to public service that is evidence-based and community-led. (Info from emergeor.org)
– As always, we’ll discuss upcoming progressive legislation and events!
RSVP HERE: https://www.facebook.com/events/286324265139104/
Location: Watershed Bldg, 5040 SE Milwaukie Ave., Portland
- Come learn about a new proposal for a local tax on the 1% to fund our schools, healthcare, and more — and what you can do to help!
- Get a recap on the Democratic Party of Oregon leadership elections (go Berniecrats!)
- Hear from progressive Scott Bailey, running for the Portland Public School Board in Zone 4 (NE PDX)! For almost 20 years, Scott has volunteered as a school activist, working for changes at the district level that improve education for all students, especially those who have been historically underserved in our schools. Learn more at scottbaileyforportland.com!
- We’ll also discuss upcoming local events, and more!
RSVP, Share & Invite friends on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1669845196643376/
Location: 5040 SE Milwaukie Ave., Portland (Watershed PDX)
• First generation college student
• Would be the first Latino to ever serve on the board
• Army veteran
• Attended PCC as a student
• Former PCC adjunct instructor
• Bernie Delegate at 2016 DNC
• Works as a Healthcare Administrator at the VA
• Keep PCC affordable and champion efforts to reduce barriers to access
• Support fair pay and job security for faculty
• Support PCC’s status as a sanctuary school
– Come meet the first candidate seeking a Bernie PDX endorsement in 2017!
Former Bernie delegate Valdez Bravo is running for the PCC School Board! He would be the first Latino to ever serve on the board. Valdez attended PCC as a student, worked there as an adjunct, and served on an advisory board. Come ask him your questions and find out more about Valdez! After the meeting we’ll email a poll to Bernie PDX members so you can vote on an endorsement!
– We’ll also discuss Bernie-endorsed Keith Ellison, who is currently running for Chair of the DNC, and ask our Oregon DNC members to vote for him!
– We’ll discuss what to expect at the FULL DAY of activist & organizer trainings on Feb. 25, and hear from people who attended the previous day of trainings Jan.
– We’ll talk about the Healthcare for All Oregon Blues Fest, and tons of other upcoming events and ways to be involved in continuing the Political Revolution!
RSVP Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1344264365635890/
Location: 5040 SE Milwaukie Ave., Portland (Watershed PDX)
We will continue to discuss next steps and how to fight back in this new political environment. Bring your ideas and positive energy. Announcements of upcoming events will be shared at the end of the meeting.
RSVP at facebook.com/events/1177754559002346/
Location: Watershed, 5040 SE Milwaukie Ave. Portland
Bernie PDX will now meet every other Tuesday. The next meeting is on Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 7:00pm at 5040 SE Milwaukie Ave. (Watershed).
BerniePDX is invited to spend Election Night with two of the candidates we endorsed and supported, Chloe Eudaly for City Council and James Ofsink for Senate District 21! Come out to watch the results roll in and celebrate the hard work we’ve done to build a political revolution in Portland and beyond!
*** Please RSVP so you can get in at: tiny.cc/electionparty ***
WHERE: Holocene, 1001 SE Morrison St.
WHEN: Tuesday, November 8 at 7:00pm
In the meantime, please volunteer to help Chloe and James WIN! Visit chloeforportland.com/volunteer or www.ofsink.today to sign-up!
Age 21+ after 9:00pm. Facebook event: facebook.com/events/1153280414780220/
OPB, Oct. 23, 2016: 2 Progressive Democrats Vie For Portland City Council Seat
“On a recent fall evening, dozens of Bernie Sanders campaign volunteers stuffed envelopes. With Sanders out of the spotlight, they’re focusing on local races and have thrown their weight behind Eudaly.”
Click here for the full article.
* THE BALLOTS HAVE DROPPED! * Join us to canvass, stuff envelopes, write letters to the editor, or phonebank to help elect James Ofsink to the Oregon legislature! James is a Berniecrat who will fight for single-payer universal healthcare, getting big money out of politics, meaningful action on climate, and making government accountable to the people. If these issues are important to you, come out and support James so he can change Oregon politics for the better!
James’ opponent, Kathleen Taylor, is funded by Comcast, Wall Street, Nike, the healthcare lobby, and polluters. She doesn’t support universal healthcare, campaign finance reform, or furthering the bold, progressive agenda that Bernie popularized.
Come volunteer for James to continue the Political Revolution in Oregon! RSVP and invite your friends: facebook.com/events/1815478018693889/ Location: 5040 SE Milwaukie Ave. Portland